Do you know what a Migration Notice looks like? What does it look like compared to the leaflet telling you to get ready for Universal Credit?
If you have received a red and blue leaflet (pictured above) there is nothing to worry about. You do NOT need to claim UC as this is not your Managed Migration Notice.
A Managed Migration Notice has three pages. It when your Tax Credits are due to end, and the date you need to claim Universal Credit by. This is known as your deadline date. The bottom of the letter will also say. “This is a migration notice issued under Regulation 44 of the Universal Credit (Transitional Provisions) Regulations 2014.”
- Your Tax Credits will end whether you claim Universal Credit or not
- The move to Universal Credit is not automatic, you need to make the claim
- You have three months from receiving your Migration Notice to make your claim for Universal Credit
- You may be better off or worse off on Universal Credit
- You should seek advice before making a claim to Universal Credit
- Claiming Universal Credit may start the recovery of loans, arrears, fines or overpayments
However, if you would like help or advice, please contact our Financial Inclusion Team. You can use the contact details listed below.