Cunninghame Housing Association’s Mission is “More Than Just a Landlord: Making Our Communities Better Places”.
Since 2003, the Association has funded and developed a range of wider community regeneration and social enterprise development ideas. This has received recognition from a range of national bodies for contributions which these programmes have made to local communities.
These activities are developed and delivered by the Association’s Social and Economic Development Department. The department is part of the Chief Executive Department.
The Department now includes:
Set up in 2003 our Community Regeneration Unit delivers a range of wider action and regeneration initiatives and services including:
- The development of training and employment initiatives such as the award winning North Ayrshire Housing Careers training programme with more than 70 unemployed young people gaining paid work experience and accredited qualification in housing management and administration over 5 years
- The establishment and management of our 3 Enterprise Centres
- The delivery of social enterprise support programmes to local social economy organisations, assisting them with the development of project proposals, funding submissions and business plans
- Development and funding bid support for: Cunninghame Furniture Recycling Company, Lemon Aid and Citrus Energy
CFRC is a social enterprise, with charitable status. Their purpose is to find new homes for unwanted but re-usable furniture and household goods across Ayrshire.
CFRC was founded in May 2010 to offer:
- A free and convenient means for the general public to donate unwanted furniture which has a reuse value. Therefore, it will redirect the goods from landfill
- Furniture re-use as a good choice compared to expensive shopping on the high street. CFRC offers a range of reuse furniture and brand new white goods for re-sale. This is useful for those who want to decorate their homes on a low cost
- We offer training and job opportunities for unemployed Ayrshire residents. Who can manage our operations, drive CFRC vans and run our warehouse collection and delivery services
CFRC employs 14 staff and runs 4 vans to collect, process, store, display and deliver furniture. They carry out house and garden clearances from our 16000 sqft warehouse. Our address is Unit 68, Third Avenue, Heatherhouse Industrial Estate, Irvine KA12 8LT
Since its beginning in 2010 CFRC has:
- Ran a free of charge donation/collection proccess throughout Ayrshire – collecting over 1706 tonage of furniture.
- Successfully reused or recycled more than 90% of furniture items donated.
- Sold in more than 56000 items of furniture and white goods – helping 24000 low income families decorate their homes.
- Produced significant employment benefits with over 75 unemployed Ayrshire residents. We have gave them employment and training experience. 70% move onto jobs in the wider labour market.
Cunninghame Furniture Recycling Company, Unit 68, Third Avenue, Irvine Industrial Estate, KA12 8LT
Approach Irvine via A737 bypass from North or South.