Cunninghame Housing Association’s Mission is “More Than Just a Landlord: Making Our Communities Better Places”.
Since 2003, the Association has funded and developed a range of wider action, community regeneration and social enterprise development initiatives – receiving recognition from a range of national bodies for the contributions which these programmes have made to local communities.
These activities are developed and delivered by the Association’s Social and Economic Development Department which is part of the Associations Chief Executives Department.
The Department currently comprises the following:
Established in 2003 our Community Regeneration Unit delivers a range of wider action and regeneration initiatives and services including:
- The development of training and employment initiatives such as the award winning North Ayrshire Housing Careers training programme with more than 70 unemployed young people gaining paid work experience and accredited qualification in housing management and administration over 5 years
- The establishment and management of our 3 Enterprise Centres
- The delivery of social enterprise support programmes to local social economy organisations, assisting them with the development of project proposals, funding submissions and business plans
- Development and funding bid support for: Cunninghame Furniture Recycling Company, Lemon Aid and Citrus Energy
CFRC is a social enterprise, with charitable status, whose purpose is to find new homes for unwanted but re-usable furniture and household goods across Ayrshire.
CFRC was established in May 2010 to offer:
- A free and convenient means for the general public to donate unwanted furniture which has a reuse value – thereby diverting the goods from landfill
- Furniture re-use as a credible alternative to expensive shopping on the high street. CFRC offers a range of reuse furniture and brand new white goods for re-sale to those who want to furnish their homes on a budget
- Training and employment opportunities for unemployed Ayrshire residents managing our operations, driving CFRC vans and operating and administering our warehouse collection and distribution services
CFRC employs 14 staff and operates 4 vans to collect, process, store, display and deliver furniture and carry out house and garden clearance activity from our 16000 sqft warehouse located at Unit 68, Third Avenue, Heatherhouse Industrial Estate, Irvine KA12 8LT
Since its inception in 2010 CFRC has:
- Operated a free of charge donation collection system throughout Ayrshire – collecting over 1050 tonnes of furniture from more than 8000 collections
- Successfully reused or recycled more than 90% of furniture items donated
- Sold in excess of 26000 items of furniture and white goods – assisting 13600 low income families to furnish their homes on a budget
- Generated significant employment benefits with over 75 unemployed Ayrshire residents having been provided with employment and training experience – with 70% of leavers moving onto positive destinations in the wider labour market
Cunninghame Furniture Recycling Company, Unit 68, Third Avenue, Irvine Industrial Estate, KA12 8LT
Approach Irvine via A737 bypass from North or South.