Scroll Top

Apply For A House

How to Apply
Housing Applications

Cunninghame Housing Association gives more than 3,200 homes for rent throughout North and East Ayrshire and Dumfries & Galloway

If you are looking for a home in North Ayrshire, we will deal with your application. This will be done using the North Ayrshire Housing Register. This is a joint venture with North Ayrshire Council, Riverside Scotland and Ayrshire North Community Housing Organisation. All allocations are made using a shared allocation policy. In East Ayrshire the register is known as SEARCH. It works in the same way and involves Cunninghame Housing Association, East Ayrshire Council, Irvine Housing Association, Shire and Atrium.

We have just started developing new rented home in Dumfries & Galloway. Again, a common housing register is in action and includes Cunninghame Housing Association, Dumfries & Galloway Housing Partnership, Home in Scotland and Riverside Scotland.

North Ayrshire

The North Ayrshire Housing Register (NAHR) application form can be filled in online by clicking the button below:

EAST Ayrshire

To apply for a house in East Ayrshire (SEARCH) you can complete an application form by clicking on the link below to do this you must have an e-mail address.  Once your application has been processed you can manage your application on line.  If you need help, please contact our Housing Team on (01294) 607553.

Dumfries & Galloway

The Dumfries and Galloway (Homes for D&G): you can apply for a house, and bid on properties by clicking here

The Homes for D&G Policy:


We have housing for various needs. These include amenity houses and adapted homes for wheelchairs and those with mobility problems. If you feel you need this type of home, you should apply using the transfer system above. We may ask for community-care assessments from social services but will include you in this activity and get your permission.


A mutual exchange is when two or more tenants want to swap their houses. You may swap with one of our tenants, a tenant of another housing association or a tenant of a local power. You can apply for a mutual exchange if you find a suitable person to swap with. We will take care of your application within 28 days. You will be kept updated on how the application is progressing throughout. Any swap must meet the needs of our allocation policy, or the North Ayrshire Housing Register and any landlord’s policy. If the mutual swap is agreed, we will set a moving in date. You will sign your tenancy agreement with the landlord and the arrange move with the other people.

Checks must be carried out on your property and you cannot swap until you have our permission. We do not become involved in exchanging keys. You agree to accept the property in the condition at the time you make the swap. A mutual swap will end your current tenancy. You will start a new tenancy in the property you move to.

If you have found someone to swap with use the form below (one for each of you):

Related Downloads

Privacy Policy