We celebrated Scottish Housing Day on the 13th of September 2023. This years theme was all about why we at the Cunninghame Housing Association chose a career in housing. They day is a platform for housing associations, organizations, and professionals to engage with the public and share the positive impact of their work.
In order to celebrate we hosted a ‘drop in’ between 12:00pm and 2:00pm for every member of the association. The purpose was for staff to discuss why they choose a career in housing and get to know their fellow collegues better. The event started off with some tea, coffee and cakes and an introduction video of housing staff explaining why they choose to work for CHA and the highlights of their career. Staff were then asked to write on a post-it note their answers to the following questions: ‘Where do you wan to be in 5 years?’ The second question was ‘Where do you think you will be in 5 years?’ The answers are as follows.
- I will be working happily for CHA still with property services providing valuable services to all.
- In 5 years i want to win the lottery. If not i would still like to be at CHA
- In 5 years i want to be a manager.
- In 5 years i will be a manager
- In 5 years i think i will still be working here.
- In 5 years i hope to become a housing officer.