Thank you for your interest in Share Membership of Cunninghame Housing Association Ltd. This section of the website provides you with information on how to become a £1 Share Member of the Association. You can apply for membership of the Association from the age of 16.
The following shall be eligible to become members:
- Tenants Of The Association
- Service Users Of The Association
- Other Persons Who Support Objects Of The Association
- Organisations Sympathetic To The Objects Of The Association
- No member can hold more than one share in the Association.
- Shares cannot be held jointly.
- There is no interest, dividend or bonus payable on shares.
- Under certain criteria £1 shares can be transferred.
- To stand for election to the Board of Management which is the Association’s governing body.
- To receive Share membership newsletters at least twice per year.
- To receive a copy of the Association’s Annual Accounts and Annual Report
- To receive an invitation to attend and participate in the Annual General Meeting of the Association.
Applicants must submit a completed and signed application form and the sum £1 to the Association’s registered office at Quayside Offices, Marina Quay, Dock Road, Ardrossan, KA22 8DA
The applicant will complete the membership application form providing his/her name, address, gender, ethnic origin, age group and type of employment (if applicable) and interests together with a statement as to why they wish to become a Member. The personal information will be used for ascertaining the level and types of skill that is within the Share Membership, confirming residency and will be used for monitoring purposes only.
Our Board of Management will, upon receipt of the fully completed application form, consider the application at their first available meeting. In this respect it is important that the applicant fully completes the form. We will also acknowledge receipt of your application within 5 working days upon receipt of same.
The Association’s Chief Executive Office is responsible for the administration of all share membership applications, and following confirmation of residency details, will submit the application to the management committee. Thereafter, the following will apply:
- The minutes of the meeting will record the Board’s approval/disapproval of the application.
- If approved, within 7 working days of the meeting the share application will be recorded in the Association’s Membership Register.
- A £1 Share Certificate will be issued in the name of the new member.
- The certificate will be sent to the member, as part of our new Share Member Welcome & Information Pack.
The Board of Management has absolute discretion in deciding on £1 Share Membership Applications and the following constitute grounds for refusal of an application:
- Where membership would be contrary to the Association’s Rules or policies.
- Where a conflict of interest may exist which, even allowing for the disclosure of such an interest, may adversely affect the work of the Association.
- Where the Board of Management considers that accepting the application would not be in the best interests of the Association.