Thank you for your interest in Share Membership of Cunninghame Housing Association Ltd. This section of the website gives you information on how to become a £1 Share Member of the Association. You can apply for membership of the Association from the age of 16.
The following shall be qualified to become members:
- Tenants Of The Association
- People Of The Association
- Other People Who Support Objects Of The Association
- Organisations Sympathetic To The Objects Of The Association
- No member can hold more than one share in the Association.
- Shares cannot be held jointly.
- There is no interest, dividend or bonus payable on shares.
- Under certain criteria £1 shares can be moved.
- To stand for election to the Board of Management which is the Association’s governing body.
- To receive Share membership newsletters at least twice per year.
- To receive a copy of the Association’s Annual Accounts and Annual Report
- To receive an invitation to go to and take part in the Annual General Meeting of the Association.
Applicants must send a finished and signed application form. It should include £1 sent to the Association’s registered office at Quayside Offices, Marina Quay, Dock Road, Ardrossan, KA22 8DA
The applicant will fill in the membership application form giving his/her name, address, gender, ethnic origin. You must include age group, type of employment and interests. A statement should be included telling us why they wish to become a Member. The personal information will be used for ascertaining the level and types of skill that is within the Share Membership. It will confirm your residency and will be used for monitoring purposes only.
Our Board of Management will, consider the application at their first available meeting. In this respect it is important that the applicant fully fills in the form. This will only happen upon receipt of the fully filled in application form. We will also give you a receipt of your application within 5 working days upon receipt of same.
The Association’s Chief Executive Office is responsible for the administration of all share membership applications. Following confirmation of residency details, will send the application to the management committee. Afterwards, the following will apply:
- The minutes of the meeting will record the Board’s approval/disapproval of the application.
- If chosen, within 7 working days of the meeting the share application will be recorded in the Association’s Membership Register.
- A £1 Share Certificate will be sent in the name of the new member.
- The certificate will be sent to the member, as part of our new Share Member Welcome & Information Pack.
The Board of Management has absolute discretion in deciding on £1 Share Membership. Applications and the following is grounds for refusal of an application:
- Where membership would be against the Association’s Rules or policies.
- Where a conflict of interest may exist which, this may adversely affect the work of the Association.
- Where the Board of Management considers that accepting the application would not be in the best interests of the Association.