Consultation to be launched on proposed changes to the Common Allocation Policy
A consultation by the Single East Ayrshire Register for Community Housing (SEARCH) partners – namely Atrium Homes, Cunninghame Housing Association, East Ayrshire Council, Riverside Scotland Housing Association and Shire Housing Association, on proposed changes to the Common Allocation Policy will be launching soon.
The Common Allocation Policy is designed by the partners to make the process of applying for housing easier, to address housing needs and make best use of the available housing stock while maximising access and choice for applicants.
There are six proposed changes:
- Extenuating Circumstances points awards will be reviewed every six months
- Strategic Needs grouping for Armed Forces personnel awards will be extended from three to six months
- priority two Health and Disability points will be increased from 20 to 21 points
- applicants with a life limiting terminal diagnosis will be awarded the highest Health and Disability priority, where their current home is unsuitable for their current or future needs
- applicants assessed as eligible for Care and Support points will be moved into the Strategic Needs Group
- preserved waiting list points will be removed.
The proposed changes will be presented to tenants, applicants on the housing list, registered tenant organisations and a number of national charities, seeking their views.
Councillor Jim McMahon, Spokesperson for Housing, Welfare and Poverty, Social Care, Mental Wellbeing and Addiction and Recovery said: “The SEARCH partners have worked together to identify areas of the Common Allocation Policy that can be improved to assist applicants while ensuring that the best use is made of the housing stock available.
“I welcome the proposed changes and hope that you will take five minutes to respond to our consultation. The consultation will run from Monday 13 March until close of play on Monday 24 April and there are a number of ways that you can have your say including filling out the survey online or filling out a paper copy.”
Have your say by:
- completing the survey online https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/CAP2023
- if you don’t have internet access you can contact the Housing Register team for assistance
- paper copies can be returned to: Customer Liaison Team, FREEPOST RSEY-XHST-JHGL, Johnnie Walker Bond, Strand Street, KILMARNOCK, KA1 1HU (a stamp is not required).
If you would like more information about the proposed changes or you require a paper copy, larger font or translated version of the consultation, please get in touch:
- for Atrium Homes call 01563 528816
- for Cunninghame Housing Association call 01294 607553 or email: email@example.com
- for the Council’s Housing Register Team call 01563 554400 or email: HousingAdminRegisterTeam@east-ayrshire.gov.uk
- for Riverside Scotland call 0345 112 6600
- for Shire Housing Association call 01290 421130