Quayside Offices, Dock Rd, Ardrossan, KA22 8DA

Universal Credit Payments/Debt

Do you need help to understand why money is being taken from Universal Credit payments? And who to contact about this if you are struggling financially?

Universal Credit can take money off your payment if you owe money/debt. You will see this on your Universal Credit statement.

To find your statement, sign into your online account and go to ‘Payments’. On your statement, look for ‘What we take off – deductions’.

The types of money you owe/debt that can be taken from your payment –

  • Advance payments
  • Tax Credits and benefit overpayments
  • Recoverable hardship payment
  • Budgeting or crisis loan repayment

Third Party Deductions, can be taken from Universal Credit and paid to a third party (eg landlord, utility supplier, etc.)

  • Utilities, like electricity, gas and water
  • Council Tax
  • Child Maintenance
  • Rent
  • Service charges
  • Court fines
  • Integration loans

Are struggling with repayments, looking to pause or lower the above debts?  Follow the link below to find out who you need to contact.  The fastest way to contact Universal Credit payments is to write a note in your Universal Credit journal:



Our Financial Inclusion Officers are here to provide support to our tenants on a wide range of financial issues

candice new
Candice Adam
Financial Inclusion Officer
Privacy Policy