For our tenants in Dumfries & Galloway, here’s some information on the Council’s ‘Active Schools Get into Summer Holiday Programme’
The Active School and Community Sport team have planned a fantastic Get into Summer programme of activity for children and families to take part in including the following:
• Fun Family Physical Activity Sessions – our fun sessions are a great chance to come and meet our team to try different sports and activities with your family
• P7 Transition Activity Sessions – for pupils making the move into Secondary after the summer
• Virtual Holiday Programme – explore our Actify Hub to find links to lots of different activities, walks, challenges for you to take part in with family and friends
• Sports Leadership Courses – day programmes to develop the sports leadership skills of young people through completion of the Sports Leaders UK Go Lead Award
• Bikeability Level 2 On Road Courses in partnership with Cycling Scotland
To look at the activities that are planned visit Actify (Dumfries and Galloway by clicking below to find out more information on each of the different programmes we are running, including dates, venues and how to book.
Please help us to plan for our programme and register in advance, as we continue to work to the latest government guidance for sport and physical activity.
Amazing Summer Roadshow
The team are really excited to share that we are part of the Amazing Summer Roadshow delivering sport and physical activity sessions at each of the roadshows.
We will be working with Youth Work DG and Lifelong Learning to deliver these fantastic sessions to over 70 communities during the Summer.
For more info about the location and dates of the different roadshows and to find out about more free summer activity please click the button below.